United Countries
Welcome to the United Countries Travian S7 Forum! The United Countries comprises of three wings - U.C., U.C. M

Login or Register now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

United Countries
Welcome to the United Countries Travian S7 Forum! The United Countries comprises of three wings - U.C., U.C. M

Login or Register now!
United Countries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Artifacts (and WW Plans)

2 posters

Go down

Moving Artifacts (and WW Plans) Empty Moving Artifacts (and WW Plans)

Post by Alarico Castro Thu Jun 18 2009, 14:58

I imagine that moving artifacts around is going to be the only way to hang onto them -- much in the same manner as WW Plans. My thoughts are based on reading about guarding WW plans. I'm also assuming that the mechanics of artifacts are the same as plans as well -- heroes etc...

The first requirement to making use (ie, keeping in your possession) of an artifact is that you must buy Gold -- and plenty. Activity is also very important.

It seems like the artifacts and locations will all be listed publicly in the treasuries (like the WW plans). This means everyone will know the location of your artifact. This precludes leaving it in the same place or your village will soon be overrun by hammer armies and catapults. But, it should also be mentioned that keeping the artifact on the move does not preclude attacks at each of your 15 villages in order to capture it.

But, to increase the difficulty of capturing your artifact, you want to keep it moving. To do so is simple. Your hero must be your fastest troop type -- its the only important stat for a hero when you first train him (aside from the initial pre 300 pop days of your account). Your hero will need to transfer the artifact from village to village. You should also have HM10 in each village -- its cheap and gives you the first oasis -- and allows you to send the hero from that village.

So Build a treasury10 in Village1. Then go capture the artifact. It gets stored in the treasury. Build a treasury10 in Village2. Reinf your hero to village2.

This is the gold part. In order to capture the artifact, you need to destroy the Treasury in village1. You could send 14 catapults with your hero from Vil2 to Vil1 -- but that would be so slow...and all the while, your artifact's location is known to the world. So use "instant build" to demolish the treasury -- because it also completes all researches and demolitions. The treasury will be gone instantly and the hero can use his speed to capture and move the artifact.

rinse and repeat with Village3. Keep your artifact on the move to lessen the chances of losing it in a coordinated attack against your artifact's known location. Artifacts can also be transferred among allies in this same manner. Doing so will offer more protection to your account as the enemy won't know which player will take the artifact next. Just need to make quick use of it and get it on the move again.
Alarico Castro
Alarico Castro
U.C. Officer
U.C. Officer

Number of posts : 401

https://s1-en.ikariam.gameforge.com/reg.php?fh=0e02cb377e62f638c

Back to top Go down

Moving Artifacts (and WW Plans) Empty Re: Moving Artifacts (and WW Plans)

Post by Dream Team Thu Jun 18 2009, 15:34

Don't forget that the artefact will only be activated after 24 hours! In those 24 hours a lot can happen.

One of the most useful artefacts (in my opinion) is the one that enables you to build Greater Warehouses and Greater Granary's. The only 'disadvantage' is, that once you've started one of these buildings, you must complete it while having that artefact. You can't create a level 1 GW and have some other player taking the artefact. So here the gold comes into play again!

In my opinion, this whole artefact thing is rather interesting. I'd like to see how this will develop, and hope to be part of it!

One more thing, I can remember me reading something about this "transferring the artefacts between allies" and there was something illegal about it... I can't recall where I've read it, but I will find out!

Oh, and a level 10 HM isn't that necessary. Level one will do to be able to reinforce yourself with your hero from one village to the other.
Dream Team
Dream Team
U.C. Officer
U.C. Officer

Number of posts : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Alarico Castro Thu Jun 18 2009, 15:40

So does it need to be in the village for 24 hours to "turn on" or does it just need to be in your possession for 24 hours.
Alarico Castro
Alarico Castro
U.C. Officer
U.C. Officer

Number of posts : 401

https://s1-en.ikariam.gameforge.com/reg.php?fh=0e02cb377e62f638c

Back to top Go down

Post by Dream Team Thu Jun 18 2009, 15:57

I think they need to be in your village for 24 hours.

Help.travian.com wrote:Artefacts will not activate until 24 hours after they have been captured (this includes capturing artefacts that you already owned)
Dream Team
Dream Team
U.C. Officer
U.C. Officer

Number of posts : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum